Founded in downtown Vancouver, Softmax Data develops our own AI products and offers development services to other clients with the growing need in the field. Our vision is to help companies in conventional industries enjoy the fruits of modern AI.
As a backend engineer, you will be working with other engineers on serving one of our long-term clients in the internet security space. The position offers you the opportunity to experience cutting-edge stacks such as Kafka, Hadoop, and Kubernetes.
Given the pandemic, remote work is not only accepted but also highly encouraged.
- Prioritize and take ownership of Production support issues.
- Investigate, code, and maintain web-scale data gathering, processing, and delivery systems.
- Assist TechOps to mitigate legacy systems and reduce tech debts
- Document findings.
- Creative problem solving to necessarily complex systems.
- Work autonomously & across teams to achieve good customer outcomes.
- Research and employ cutting-edge techniques & technologies.
- Provide code reviews, design feedback, demos, technical requirements & documentation.
- Scope work and provide accurate estimates for reliable delivery.
- Accelerate engineering productivity, reduce operational toil, increase consistency, and improve the lives of your coworkers every day.
Key Applicant Qualifications:
- Must be a Canadian resident.
- Full-stack experience: 2+ years.
- Professional development experience using Python, GoLang, or equivalent languages: 3+ years.
- Cloud infrastructure experience in AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes: 2+ years.
- Web-scale data engineering experience using MySQL, NoSQL, Hive, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Cassandra, Redis, PySpark: 3+ years
- Linux/Unix experience: 3+ years.
- Positive, customer-centric attitude.
- High Initiative.
- History of productivity, contributing value to the business Attention to detail & high-quality results.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate across various teams and departments and believe in and practice DevOps philosophy.
- Excited about the security space!
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
- Experienced in software services (SOA) troubleshooting
- Production build and release management experience
- Experience in Data Pipelines such as Kafka, NATS, or Apache Airflow
- Experience with serverless technology such as Amazon Lambda or Google Compute Engine
- Salary: 100,000 CAD - 120,000 CAD/ year.
- Extended healthy benefits, including dental, vision, physio, etc.
- Quarterly meal allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home encouraged
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org,